Small Update

So while I use this blog so that people who know and care about me can keep up to date, I often find it  tedious to keep explaining things. With that said I'm keeping this one short. 

I was recently hospitalized again. I went in because of the pressure I felt to my spleen from the uterus and was riduclously scared that it was going to burst randomly. While in the hospital my spleen was checked and is still at 16cms, but my blood levels dropped dramatically and I had to get a immediate blood transfusion. It has also been decided that I will not be delivering vaginally due to the amount of pressure my spleen will have to take during pushing. This news did not make me happy.

I was given steroids to grow his lungs and we are waiting to hit 32 weeks before a scheduled C-section. The hope is that I will be able to live with the pain until then, but at this rate, I'm not optimistic about that at all. The pain is astronomical and the more I deal with the pain the more upset and angry I get at this situtation. As hard as it is, if I can't control my pain at home then I have to be admitted again and at this point I refuse. I'm sick of hospitals, labs, drugs, being monitored, the whole shebang.

A c-section doesn't automatically mean I'm out of the woods. My doctors are still contemplating a spleenectomy either during or after little man's delivery which makes the possibility of blood clots even more likely and my recovery that much slower. 

Truth be told. This is just not a good situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

32 weeks!?!

Some days...

Excuse Me Mr. Hughley & Ms. Kaling