32 weeks!?!

If you are keeping count, 32 weeks has come and gone and now I am being told to hang on until at least 34 weeks. Considering that I am in significantly less pain now since the blood transfusion, I believe I can do it physically. But mentally I have hit a block a few weeks back where all I did was cry over the guilt of wanting little man out and being exhausted from the amount of things that are happening during this pregnancy.

I am so hard on myself but I find solace in the fact that I have handled this situation with understanding and determination; what mother wouldn't? I tell myself "one day at a time" or as on Finding Nemo "just keep swimming" and rely on close friends and family for that extra boost of support. I am holding out and taking it as easy as I can but as some symptoms and pain decrease, others ramp up their efforts which are a normal part of pregnancy. I have a list of complaints but I will save it for those unsuspecting sympathetic ears. --Yes, I did just say that :-)

Also, everything is still up in the air as to how delivery will go down. Whether it be c-section or vaginal delivery, who knows. I am being told it's a waiting game to see how my pain and spleen functioning goes, as well as my blood levels. As usual, my son is fine :) One of the benefits of being constantly monitored is seeing him almost every week now and mentally visualizing him here with us.

So with this being said/written, I'm going to try and challenge myself to make it to 36 weeks. I know if the pain is too bad before 34 they are going to try to stick me in the hospital to control my pain, but I shall resist!! 

We are super ready and I am keeping an open mind to every possibility and know that having us both safe and healthy is the ultimate goal.

Comments

  1. You should be proud of yourself for making it to the 32 week mark with all the health issues. I made it to 31 weeks and had to get a c-section.I went into crisis because of the whole ordeal and developed my kidney's failing because of the procedure and baby. My bundle of joy went straight into the NICU and stayed there for a month and was released on black friday. She is a trooper and had no major diffculites, she surprised all the doctors and nurses because like you, the SC can be mean to me. I also spent a month in the hospital after delivering the baby and now dont know if my kidney will ever work without dialysis or a transplant. Now I have tons of docs appts and hope a miracle happens for me.
    I am happy of the sucess of your pregnancy despite the spleen and SC problems and know your baby will do just fine. I wish you the best in these upcoming weeks that will change your life. The end result is definately worth it despite the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hotpooh,

    I absolutely feel for you. Our babies are resilient but SC is cruel. I pray and pray we continue to have the strength to fight the disease and live a relatively normal life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Some days...

Excuse Me Mr. Hughley & Ms. Kaling