Let's Talk Delivery

A few people have asked me am I going to be able to deliver vaginally. Now, I did think that I had addressed this in one of my previous blogs, but maybe I didn't.

So here is the deal.

Because I have Sickle C Disease, I am at a greater risk of clotting. And due to the risk of clotting associated with c-sections, this doubles my chance of clotting in my limbs and even having a blood clot travel to my lungs (pulmonary embolism) which could kill me. Therefore, I will be induced and delivering vaginally unless my team and I decide my life or the baby's life is at risk. 

So, for those of you who automatically assumed I was having a c-section, you assumed incorrectly. We are getting this little man out the old fashion way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

32 weeks!?!

Some days...

Excuse Me Mr. Hughley & Ms. Kaling